- Size: ID(inside diameter), OD(outside diameter) and length
- Temperature: what is the temperature of the media going through the hose and the temperature of the atmosphere the hose will be subjected to
- Application: will the hose be hanging vertically, horizontally, is there a weight load bearing on the hose
- Media: what is the product going through the hose, this is very important. Hose tubes are designed from many different rubber and plastic compounds and the hose tube needs to be compatible with the product it will be conveying
- Pressure: another very important factor is what will the operating pressure be on the hose. A hose must be used according to its working pressure NOT burst pressure. Burst pressure ratings on hoses are only there as a safety factor
- Ends: style, type, attachment, all these must be considered when choosing the correct hose
- Delivery: this factor is about specific requirements of the customer like testing, tagging, special shipping
There are many different threads and fittings to consider when choosing a hose. For reference material we use SAE thread charts as well as industry standard thread charts.
Central Oklahoma Hose is an active member of the Association for Hose and Accessories Distribution, Inc. (NAHAD) and are certified in their Hose Safety Institute. This is the organization in the United States committed to hose assembly safety and they developed the standards to which we adhere to.